Sunday, April 20, 2014



Good evening everyone! (or morning or afternoon if you're not in the same west European time zone as me).

I was tagged by A Girl That Likes Books for:





The Liebster award!




The rules of this are the following: thank the blog who nominated you, list 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions that they asked you, ask 11 questions that your nominees have to answer and nominate 9 blogs with under 200 followers for the award that are not the one that nominated you. The questions for my nominees and the nominated blogs are at the end of the post.




11 Facts about me:




1. I love manga and anime and I am currently in love with Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin. My love extends to Hajime Isayama, the wonderful creator/writer/artist of this series.

2. I follow the Welcome to Night Vale podcast (religiously listen to it).

3. I was born in the U.S. but grew up in France and now live in Germany.

4. I have a B.A. in English literature, which occasionally equates to earning skills in the art of writing, bullshitting, procrastinating without failing and having knowledge of many random, unimportant (yet oh so very important) things.

5. My goal for the end of this year is to be as articulate and eloquent as I can be in German. Hopefully, in two year, I will be fluent.

6. I am fluent in 3 languages (English, Spanish and French). I learned Japanese in Uni, but I'm completely out of practice. Fun fact: I speak English with a very subtle, odd, Spanish/French accent.

7. There's something that I love and hate about every season, but Autumn always feels like coming home for me (I can hear the ... "oh she's another fall love" jokes in the distance). I hate raking leaves though: if you don't do it daily, they pile up, but you expend so much energy raking leaves one day only to have more fall the next day.

8. I am impartial to ice cream.

9. I love cakes as long as they're not overly sweet (I'm starting to sound like a stuffy old, grumpy person aren't I...?)

10. I crochet more than I knit.

11. I laugh like I have to get rid of all the air in my lungs at once.




Here are the 11 questions from A Girl That Likes Books:




1. Do you make part of any book club? If so how did you come to join it, if not is there any that tempts you?


No, I don't. To be honest, I don't of any book clubs in my area or on the internet.

2. What is your least favorite genre, the one you just can't seem to like at all?


I think there's always a book to like from every genre, so I don't have a least favorite genre.

3. Do you listen to any bookish podcasts? If so which one and why?


No, no bookish podcasts. Only "Welcome to Night Vale" and "Radiolab."

4. What is your favorite place to read?


Oh no, I don't have a favorite place to read either. I can literally read anywhere, especially when I get in "the zone." I sort of forget where I am when I'm truly enthralled by a story, so the surroundings matters naught.


5. What is your stand on Audio books?


It's recorded story telling, reminiscent of the times humans would sit together and tell stories and listen to stories. Except this is recorded: you can rewind, pause, stop and listen to it anywhere.


6. As a kid, what was your favorite book?


As a little kid? Peter Rabbit. Later on? Anything that fell under the mystery/crime/detective genre. I did have a penchant for Voltaire and Moliere. And at around 11 years of age? Harry Potter : D

7. Do you write in books? If no, how do you manage the notes for your reviews?


Oh hohohoho...no. I'm even careful not to open them too much for fear of damaging the spine. BUUUUT...uni changed that habit a bit. You can tell what books were required reading and which books I bought for pleasure. Books for school are riddled with notes and dog eared. Leisurely books have post its in them.

8. What is the book that you haven't read but everyone keeps saying you should?


A Song of Ice and Fire series. And other stuff that I can't remember right now.

9. Have you ever lied about reading (or not) a book? Why?


Yes. For class. Procrastination and the inevitable "lazy student" syndrome that would hit me square in the brain every once in a while.

10. What is the best bookish gift you have ever received?


Any book I have every received. My friend made me a few book marks once. Gift card to Barnes and Nobles. Every fancy notebook I have ever received. Can't pick one, all bookish gifts are best.


11. Do you have a goal of books per year? How do you determine it?


No goals. I used to read copious amounts of books each week prior to Uni. During uni I didn't have much time and now...now I feel like a lost puppy.





Nominating 9 blogs!




The Book Jazz


No Book Left Behind


Persuasion


My Friend Amy


The Thinker


David


Some Days There's Pie


Truth in Fiction


Joy's Book Blog



And finally, here are my 11 questions:



1) Have you ever gotten into an argument with a friend over a plot point or character or anything in a book? If yes, which book and what was the argument about?



2) Name three books: one book that you love, but have only read once; one book that you love and have read multiple times; one book that you love and have not only read multiple times but lend and suggested it to other people.



3) What book arrived in your life during a time when you really needed what was written in it? If you feel comfortable sharing: what were you going through and how did the book help?



4) Do you ever get so wrapped up by a story that reaching the end leaves you hollow and out of commission for at least a few days?



5) Have you ever fallen in love with a character from a book you've read? Which book, which character?



6) List one or two for this question: which book can you recall had you so ensnared in the plot that you couldn't put it down and when you did put it down to go to sleep, you would, first thing in the morning, resume reading it?



7) How long does it usually take you, in hours, to read a book?



8) Which book would you want to see turned into a movie?



9) Has a book ever inspired you to write a story of your own, paint, draw, write a song...anything...meaning has a book ever inspired you to create something of your own? If yes, which book and what did you create?



10) Has a book ever brought you closer to someone? Which book, to who and how?



11) Why IS a raven like a writing desk?



HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment