Saturday, April 26, 2014

THE READ-A-THON BEGINS!

First first first off, here's my book line up : D


And here's the first hour meme: 


1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Among the cows and sheeps of Papenburg, Germany. 

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

A Game of Thrones and A Thousand Splendid Suns

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

PIZZA! and coffee and that really awesome green tea I bought yesterday. 

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

My name is Georgia, I graduated from FIU with B.A. in English Literature and certificates in both Japanese and Professional and Technical Writing. I am, on a regular day, a mess. I live in Germany with my parents and am taking German class jeden Tag. My immediate goal is to become fluent in German and, secretly, write a book in German : O I'm fluent in French, Spanish and, well, English. And I love to read. Yup. Hello :)

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

What I will do differently? I signed up to be a cheerleader so that's definitely different from last time. Just be more involved and sit down and read until the 24 hours are up. 


GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! Take breaks when you feel hazy, if you've lost interest in a book don't force yourself, just put it down, stretch and start a new one. Don't be afraid to re-read old favorites (there's always something new and exciting to notice and learn). Change positions, locations, eat when hungry, drink! And HAVE FUN!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I like your book choices :) I think 1Q84 could be a good readathon book, it is not very difficult to read and it is kind of gripping. And Martin too! I thought of putting Hosseini's Kite Runner in my Readathon TBR Pile, but in the end I didn't :)

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete